Thursday, November 4, 2010

Event Season

While I was catching up with Meredith on the phone today, we started talking about what I like to call "event season." For some reason, my work calendar is incredibly lopsided with about fifteen events going on from September-November and only 3-4 during the Spring. At this point, I only have three (four...one just added for the first week in Dec.) more events for the season and I couldn't be more excited to have my weekends back! Anyways, I figured I would share pictures from some of my events to let everyone know what I've been up to for the past few months while I've been ignoring your calls.


The Jerry Zucker Ride for Hope benefits local cancer groups and I sit on the Board of Directors. Above is a picture of George Hincapie, an olympic cyclist and good friend of Lance Armstrong. 

15th Annual Golf Tournament- This is one of my largest events and definitely takes about the entire summer to play. Every year, the tournament is hosted by the beautiful Turtle Point Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort. 

Tanger Outlets Fit for A Cure 5K Run- Colin went and ran while I volunteered.....and ended up winning 1st place for his age group! I'm sure that medal made waking up at 6AM on a Saturday worth it....

Taste of Charleston is one of the best volunteer days. Our volunteers help with the Annual Waiter's Wine Race where waiters from restaurants around town compete for the prize of Charleston's Best Waiter. That's Aparna in the picture above, measuring wine to determine a winner.
Those pictures are just a small selection of some of the events I have put together this Fall. Coming up this weekend I have another tennis tournament and a 5K run next weekend....the end is in sight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment