Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Night, Another New Recipe!

Tonight's new recipe was chicken marsala, one of my favorite dishes to order at a restaurant. Even though I've ordered chicken marsala probably a thousand times, I've never had it homemade. This is the kind of recipe that I expected to be fairly difficult.......but it was so easy!! Check out the recipe below from 
All Recipes , I'll definitely be saving this one.

*I made a few changes to the recipe. I didn't feel like buying sherry just for tonight, so I just added one cup of Marsala wine. I also thickened the sauce by taking one cup of the hot marsala wine sauce and mixing two tablespoons of flour, then whisking it together with one tablespoon of butter. After the mixture is smooth, I slowly stirred it back into the chicken mix. Lastly, I served the chicken over a tiny bit of pasta. Turned out delicious! 
Chicken Marsala with Pasta





Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine
  • 1/4 cup cooking sherry
  • Directions

    1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
    2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment