Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DIY #2 & #3....all in one night!

This has been such a productive week! Tonight I finished my second and third do-it-yourself projects and my bedroom is really starting to come together. The first project I tackled tonight was a jewelry board that hangs on the wall. Before this, I had my jewelry hanging from a small screen that was displayed on my dresser.....not a pretty sight.....I have to say, this looks so much better!!

Finished product!


The project was super simple. I took a small piece of plywood (actually, I made Colin cut me a piece of plywood....see below) and wrapped it with quilting batting and then fabric. I used my trusty staple gun to secure the fabrics to the back of the plywood. For a little decoration, I used some basic white ribbon and upholstery nails. So easy and pretty!!

Colin has turned into my personal carpenter!


Project #2 for tonight was re-doing the frame below. I should have taken a picture of the original, but it was basically a bright blue leather. I took my fabric (yes...this is leftover from the headboard project) and used a glue gun to secure it to the back of the frame. I had to include the flowers in this picture...I picked them up from Rosebank Farms on my way back from a meeting at The Sanctuary on Kiawah Island. The greenery in the flowers is actually basil....how unique?!!!

Tonight's DIY #2 and pretty flowers from Rosebank Farms

No comments:

Post a Comment