A few weeks ago I moved into a fantastic new place and I cannot even explain how nice it is to have an entire house. The neighborhood is perfect for us, walking distance to a bunch of restaurants, shops and a grocery store and also pretty close to the office. As opposed to my last place, which was all brand new, I'm loving craftsman style of this new place. Everything is so unique and quirky....perfect for a few diy projects! The first super easy project that I tackled was to re-line the kitchen cabinets.
Below is a picture of the disgusting cabinets before. The liners were seriously gross. As you can see, they were stained and discolored and just a terrible, terrible pattern.
The first step was to just rip up the old liners and wash out the drawers. When I say that these were gross, I really mean that they were terrible....I couldn't imagine putting silverware and kitchen utensils in them!
For my new liners I used wrapping paper that I picked up at World Market for about $4 per role. The original plan was to use contact paper or mod podge to secure the paper to the cabinets...but after cutting it to size and setting up the drawers, I realized I really didn't need anything other than some packing tape. I just secured the paper to the bottom of the cabinets with the tape and here you have it... beautiful cabinets! I just love them and they were such an easy way to spruce up the kitchen.


You would not believe this but I saw that EXACT wrapping paper at World Market on sale and I almost bought it! I was obsessed! I never would have thought to use it like this, you crafty little minx.
ReplyDeleteworld market is beyond amazing. I shouldn't be allowed in that store!
ReplyDelete